[xmca] Zone of Proximal Development

Hello,

I have a question.

As we know, some people point to the dangers of speeding academic education
for children (to bring it down to preschool, elimination of play etc that we
also discussed here in xmca recently) and I think that they are right.

On the other hand, for many people who hears the concept of zone of proximal
development , it directly brings to mind, a similar speeding up...

Me too, my mind is not clear, if ZPD corresponds to a fastening of academic
education , bringing it to earlier ages or not...

In Bodrova and Leong, Tools of Mind, I have read that Zaporozhets interprets
ZPD so that it should not be interpreted as such a fastening but rather
amplifying ...

Can any friend have a brief clarifying concept on this please?

Ulvi