[xmca] V. V. Davydov

Dear Friends,
This note is a request for help and support. Thank you in advance. There is a new translation of V. V. Davydov's Problems of Developmental Instruction: A Theoretical and Experimental Psychological Study. Peter Moxhay spent years (with no pay) translating this work, and I sincerely believe it is one of the finest theoretical/praxis-oriented works on cultural-historical theory and child development I have ever read. Truly, I learned more from Peter's translation of Davydov than I have learned in years. It is highly theoretical, with answers to many questions regarding the Vygotskian tradition, and it addresses issues of child development. I am hoping you can help order this book for your university library, or write a review of the book for journals, amazon.com, and anything you can think of. So many books in our tradition either offer theory or praxis....this particular book offers something I have seldom read before.....Even if you are not specialized in
 child development, you will learn more about cultural-historical theory than you might ever imagine....I am hoping you will help us share information on this book. It was translated with total precision, and we are only interested in sharing the content as much as possible. There is no commercial interest involved with this note. I am writing this note to you because of my deep belief in what we can learn as a community. Now, there is a new series with Nova Science called International Perspectives in Non-Classical Psychology, and this is the first book in this new series. There is future interest in publishing works of today that maintain the highest quality of both theory and praxis (which in my understanding cannot be divided within Vygotskian psychology). If you are interested in submitting abstracts, please let me know. Again, books in this series will be a devotion of love, not much else, apart from a deep belief in the principles Vygotsky showed
 us.
Thanks so much for your support.
Dot