Re: [xmca] ISCAR webcasts- login?

From: Olga Vasquez <ovasquez who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue Sep 09 2008 - 19:59:11 PDT

see website: iscar2008.com--on schedule of webcast document--plus:

Hi everyone,
I finally reached the USD person today... and
they will indeed do a live webcast of Alex
Kozulin's talk at USD starting around 5:15
tomorrow (Wed). I have put this on the Calit2
calendar, but I recommend that you highlight it
on the conference calendar and maybe warn people
at the plenary session that it will have a
different URL (but also requires Windows Media):

<http://streamer.sandiego.edu/Streamer/StreamPlayer.aspx?Id=5112cfTuviL>http://streamer.sandiego.edu/Streamer/StreamPlayer.aspx?Id=5112cfTuviL

Alejandro Castro at USD says he will start the
stream around 5pm, but he knows that the event
will begin slightly later.

Cheers, Doug

>How does one access these webcasts? The Moodle
>site has course login requirements or guest
>access, but I got the message: "Sorry, ISCAR
>does not allow guests to enter." Rather ironic,
>eh?
>

>Elizabeth
>

>--- On Tue, 9/9/08, xmca-request@weber.ucsd.edu
><xmca-request@weber.ucsd.edu> wrote:
>
>Dear David,
>
>I heard that all the webcasts from the conference will be uploaded on
>the Moodle site of the UCSD
>
>http://moodle.id.ucsb.edu/course/view.php?id=1428
>
>The materials on Moodle will be kept for 3 years -- not just webcasts,
>but papers and presentations that are uploaded or will be uploaded by
>the participants
>
>Ana

Olga A. Vásquez
Associate Professor