Re: [xmca] déjatel¹ nost¹

From: Martin Packer <packer who-is-at duq.edu>
Date: Wed Sep 03 2008 - 07:13:46 PDT

Andy,

But to pursue the cell metaphor a bit, while the cell is certainly a unit
that contains the life processes that animate the body, its functioning
depends on its place within the body, which Marx also calls "an organic
whole." I'm not suggesting that there are or should be two units - I agree
that's the wrong way to go. It seems to me more that the unit itself has to
be considered as an aspect of a larger whole, with which it has a relation
of mutual constitution. No cells, no body. No body, no cells.

It always takes me forever to read and process your excerpts from Hegel! But
I'll give it a try. :)

Martin