Re: [xmca] djatelnost

From: Wolff-Michael Roth <mroth who-is-at uvic.ca>
Date: Sun Aug 31 2008 - 06:43:48 PDT

Hi Andy,
I think he does say something that is at least very close to naming
it unit analysis on p.50:

Activity is a molar, not an additive unit of the life of the
physical, material
subject. In a narrower sense, that is, at the psychological level, it
is a unit of
life, mediated by psychic reflection, the real function of which is
that it
orients the subject in the objective world. In other words, activity
is not a
reaction and not a totality of reactions but a system that has
structure, its
own internal transitions and transformations, its own development.

Where I would accentuate as follows:
Activity is "a unit of life", "a system that has structure, its own
internal transitions and transformations, its own development."

Cheers,
Michael