[xmca] Discussion Topics online

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Tue Aug 19 2008 - 21:17:39 PDT

A while back it was suggested that we discuss Allan Luke's paper,
*Race, culture and identities in second language
education.*<http://lchc.ucsd.edu/LCHC/mca/Paper/lukeschool.pdf>
Allan Luke, Queensland University of Technology (2008). It is at the papers
for discussion
section of xmca (lchc.ucsd.edu, discussions, xmca).

ALSO, the really diverse and interesting papers from the most recent edition
of Mind, Culture, and Activity
are up on the same page for VOTING. My favorite is trailing, but so it often
goes.

Please express your preference for a paper to discuss soonish because we
have lots of other events to distract us
in September and it takes time after the vote is in to get the paper posted.
But meantime, Allan's very interesting
paper is available for reading and discussion.