Re: [xmca] Lessons in Second Life

From: MARK DE BOER <mark who-is-at ias-group.com>
Date: Mon Jul 21 2008 - 17:42:10 PDT

Hey Andy,

Once you are 'born', there are lots of things you can do to 'get used
to' SL.

If you and I can meet on line some time, I would need your SL name and
so forth, I could show you around.

There are 'maps' inside of the main window that allow you to find a
location, save it and then 'teleport' to it. Of course, using the link
below too works, just go into the SL, open the link below in a regular
internet window and click. It will ask you if you want to teleport...
just say yes. The map will also tell you where there are other people,
but once you get in there and know everyone else's 'name' then you can
add them to your contact list and be able to search for them and
teleport yourself to their location.

I really think this kind of internet set up is the future for
shopping, internet experiences, learning... my wife attends an English
School in SL on Wednesday nights. The interaction is simply amazing.
The graphics are unbelievable as well. The possibilities are
limitless. I think there is even a university here in Japan that has
courses set up on SL.

Mark