Re: [xmca] Call for Proposals and Reviewers

From: Elina Lampert-Shepel <ellampert who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jul 16 2008 - 07:31:06 PDT

Emily, I am very much on the wave of your "mode of thinking"...Multimodal as
transmediated by heterogeneity of psychological tools - in my language...
Elina

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:43 PM, Duvall, Emily <emily@uidaho.edu> wrote:

> My understanding of multimodal is more from the perspective of text writ
> large - transmediation and multiple sign systems.
> ~ Em

Elina Lampert-Shepel
Assistant Professor
Graduate School of Education
Mercy College New Teacher Residency Program
Mercy College
66 West 35th Street
New York, NY 10001
(212) 615 3367
I have on my table a violin string. It is free. I twist one end of
it and it responds. It is free. But it is not free to do what a
violin string is supposed to do - to produce music. So I take it,
fix it in my violin and tighten it until it is taut. Only then it
is free to be a violin string.
Sir Rabindranath Tagore.