Re: [xmca] Vygotsky-text-context-thinking

From: Cathrene Connery <cconnery who-is-at ithaca.edu>
Date: Wed Jul 09 2008 - 13:52:43 PDT

Colin,
I would assert that individuals who do not formally read or write are
politically marginalized, however, I am curious what measure, standards,
or means allow you to contend that "pre-literate" individuals or peoples
are "culturally impoverished"? Your sentiment sounds a little too much why
my illiterate ancestors left Ireland after the anti-Catholic laws were
enacted.
Cathrene

Eric,