RE: Disability? Re: [xmca] Help in teaching and learning maths

From: Duvall, Emily <emily who-is-at uidaho.edu>
Date: Tue Jun 10 2008 - 08:03:40 PDT

Hi Andy,
My offering isn't really non-academic reading, but it is compatible with
Luria's functional systems approach... so perhaps you might find ways in
and out of the text and mediate Peter....

Berninger, V.W. & Richards, T.L. (2002). Brain literacy for educators
and psychologists. Academic Press.

Yeah, sounds high-falutin'
BUT - two great chapters for you... Building a computing brain
neurologically and Building a computing brain pedagogically.

The other chapters introduce brain structures and then offer similarly
titled chapters on reading and writing. There's also a piece of ed
policy.

~ Em