Re: [xmca] review of Italian translation of Thinking and Speech: In defence of van der Veer and Mecacci

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 12:15:59 PDT

Anton--

I have not been able to find Mecacci's email so far, but perhaps you could
enlighten us
on the major, meaning-shifting differences between the 1934 and 1982 Russian
editions.

I am also curious about your view on the translation of Myshlenie as
Thinking rather than
Thought. Seems like it could to either way and a case could be made for the
noun form
rather than the verb. Its an issue we discussed a lot in the mid 1990's with
no clear
resolution.
mike