Re: [xmca] Was Stalin RIGHT About Vygotsky?

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Sat Apr 12 2008 - 10:14:33 PDT

Martin--

The position summarized in

For example, he insists that primitive
man ³exhibits, objectively speaking, logical thinking in all those
circumstances where activity is oriented toward direct adaptation to nature.
Invention and use of tools, hunting, cattle-raising and farming, and waging
war all demand from him real, not just apparent, thought² (87)

is precisely the position promulgated by Levy-Bruhl. L-B has been
interepreted in
a variety of ways over the years so that one's interpretation of L-B and LSV
tend
to oscillate in some sort of relation to each other.
mike