Re: [xmca] ego, self, etc.

From: Andy Blunden <ablunden who-is-at mira.net>
Date: Sat Feb 02 2008 - 21:45:58 PST

Apologies Paul. I am causing mischief again with my use of words. When I
say "subjective" I do not mean "inside the head" or any such thing. Before
now I haven't tried to precisely define the distinction in way that would
stand up in this particular discussion, but I guess the habitus and its
field are maintained by the dispositions of the inhabitants equally as they
form those dispositions, all of which kind of make sense within and only
within that closed world of activity. The habitus is objective and material
with respect to the individual, but not with respect to itself - the
collectivity of human beings performing it. But so long as a person adopts
a "we" perspective in relation to their habitus, that is subjective. To the
extent that what they produce extends or comes from beyond the habitus that
is objective. If a class fraction produces something of value by other
class fractions, then that counts as objective to that extent.

Andy

  Andy Blunden : http://home.mira.net/~andy/ tel (H) +61 3 9380 9435,
mobile 0409 358 651