Re: [xmca] ego, self, etc.

From: Steve Gabosch <sgabosch who-is-at comcast.net>
Date: Thu Jan 31 2008 - 08:48:30 PST

Thank you for all these definitions, Andy. I have been finding your
compare these complex terms; ego, self, identity, cogito, psyche,
spirit, consciousness, mind, agent, personage, habitus, hexis, etc.

Before we let this thread dissolve, may I ask you yet another
question, touching off from an interesting point you just made about
objectivism. You state, pardon my paraphrasing, that the objectivist
underestimates the roles that human self-awareness and self-
determination play in human activities.

I have been wanting to ask you about the other side of that issue.
How do you describe subjectivism?

- Steve