[xmca] Summer or online professional development?

From: Jayson Seaman <jseaman who-is-at cisunix.unh.edu>
Date: Wed Jan 16 2008 - 09:08:14 PST

Hello:
Does anyone know of summertime or distance learning opportunities for
professional development in the area of discourse analysis, especially as it
is informed by activity/social practice theory? I'll soon be expanding on
research I have been conducting over the past 14 months and I see a need for
using more fine-grained methods. Unfortunately, my university does not offer
coursework in this area. Therefore, a summer institute would be best, even
if it focuses more on theory than on method. Has anyone heard of such a
thing, or other opportunities for junior faculty who can't pursue a post-doc
someplace?

Thank you for any recommendations.

--
With regards,