Re: [xmca] artefact 3

From: Andy Blunden <ablunden who-is-at mira.net>
Date: Thu Jan 10 2008 - 20:17:23 PST

Paul, you refuse to deal with my use of the word culture. You take anything
I say about the "mass of artefacts" as referring to "social practices
characteristic of particular communities," or one of the other 35 meanings
of the word "culture'.
So we go round in circles.

Re "script" as a metaphor. Perhaps I don't express myself well, but I am
sure we both know what Mike was talking about whether you call that usage
metaphor or call movie "scripts" a metaphor for learned behaviour.

Andy