Re: [xmca] PsycPORT.com | Study Debunks Theory On Teen Sex, Delinquency

From: Tony Whitson <twhitson who-is-at UDel.Edu>
Date: Mon Nov 12 2007 - 07:50:05 PST

Actually, I see now that the title is:
Monkeys, Like People, Are Apt to Rationalize Science
and after looking over article, I don't know where the word "Science"
comes from. It's about rationalization in monkeys & humans, & cognitive
dissonance.

While seeking that out, I found another article that may be of interest:
Study Debunks Theory On Teen Sex, Delinquency
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/10/AR2007111001271.html?nav=rss_health

This isn't especially relevant to particular threads here, but it
illustrates basic principles in psych & social studies research, with a
topic that is interesting for policy reasons, which would also be of
interest to students in classes taught by folks on this list.