[xmca] Fwd: [COGDEVSOC] Social Development Job at UC Davis

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Mon Aug 13 2007 - 13:10:56 PDT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lisa Oakes <lmoakes@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Aug 13, 2007 12:28 PM
Subject: [COGDEVSOC] Social Development Job at UC Davis
To: COGDEVSOC@listserv.umd.edu

Dear Colleagues:

We wanted to make you aware of the exciting expansion in developmental
psychology within the Department of Psychology at the University of
California at Davis. We are currently advertising for a position in social
development (see ad pasted below). We have made a number of recent hires
and we have now seven faculty members with primary affiliations in the
developmental area—Simona Ghetti, Gail Goodman, Katharine Graf-Estes,
Kristin Lagattuta, Lisa Oakes, Susan Rivera, and Ross Thompson. There is
also a strong group of faculty with interests in development in other areas
of the department, including quantitative methods for analyzing
developmental data (Emilio Ferrer, Kevin Grimm, Keith Widaman) and social
and personality development (Rick Robins, Phil Shaver). Additional
information about developmental area and the associated faculty in the
department can be found at
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/psychareas/?AreaID=1&link=23

At UC Davis, there are also strong, interdisciplinary groups with interests
in development, including the Human Development Graduate Group (
http://humandevelopment.ucdavis.edu/), which is currently conducting a
search for a developmental cognitive neuroscientist, and the M.I.N.D.
institute (http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/mindinstitute/). In addition, there
are outstanding programs in neuroscience and cognitive neuroscience, and
faculty with developmental interests are affiliated with the Center for
Neuroscience (http://neuroscience.ucdavis.edu/) and the Center for Mind and
Brain (http://mindbrain.ucdavis.edu). Developmental faculty members in the
Department of Psychology have appointments in these centers and groups, as
well as close collaborations with researchers primarily associated with
them.

Please contact me, Rick Robins (rwrobins@ucdavis.edu), or Ross Thompson (
rathompson@ucdavis.edu) if you have questions about the job opening or the
exciting developmental research being conducted at UC Davis.

Regards,

Lisa Oakes
Professor
Center for Mind and Brain and Department of Psychology
University of California, Davis
267 Cousteau Place
Davis, CA 95618

phone: 530 297-4423 OR
530 794-8304
fax: 530 297-4400

lmoakes@ucdavis.edu

*DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY*

*UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, DAVIS*

* *

*DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCHOLOGIST*

* *

*The Department of Psychology at the University of California, Davis,
invites applications for a faculty position in developmental psychology to
begin July 1, 2008. The appointment will be at the assistant or associate
professor level. We are especially interested in candidates focusing on
social, emotional, and personality development, and a range of research
topics within this area will be considered (e.g., mental representations of
social phenomena; social aggression and social withdrawal; emotion
regulation; relational influences on personality development; social and
cultural contexts). We are also interested in candidates whose work bridges
traditional areas (e.g., social and cognitive development or developmental
psychopathology) and/or whose work relates to risk conditions or social
policy issues. The successful candidate will be expected to teach graduate
and undergraduate courses in developmental psychology. Requirements for the
position include: a Ph.D. degree, an active research program, a strong
commitment to high quality teaching, and, depending on level, the potential
to attract, or a strong record of attracting, extramural funds. Interested
applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, statement of research and
teaching interests, representative reprints and/or preprints, and **provide
a list of names and contact information **of at least three individuals **from
whom references will be obtained**.*

*Review of applications will commence on October 15, 2007, and continue
until the position is filled. Candidates should submit all materials
electronically to the application website: **
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/applyonline/*<http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/applyonline/>
*. To discuss this particular opening, contact Professor Rick Robins (
rwrobins@ucdavis.edu) or Professor Ross A. Thompson (rathompson@ucdavis.edu).
To learn more about our rapidly expanding program in Developmental
Psychology, please visit our web page at:
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/graduate_prgm/indexa.cfm?link=3#Developmental
** *

*The University of California, Davis, and the Department of Psychology are
interested in candidates who are committed to the highest standards of
scholarship and professional activities, and to the development of a campus
climate that supports equality and diversity. The University of California
is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.*