Re: [xmca] 'Summer reading' continued: "Are we Rome?"

From: Leif Strandberg <leifstrandberg.ab who-is-at telia.com>
Date: Mon Jul 30 2007 - 03:05:17 PDT

Hi,

About Rome.

I just came over (serendipity? - my favourite word this summer) a poem
by Garcia Lorca. In his 'A poet in New York' (1930) I found a small
poem called (in Swedish):

Rop mot Rom - Från tornet av Chrysler Building
(Cry against Rome - from the tower of Chrysler Building)
from 1930.

Interesting that he used 'Rome' when writing about NY

Leif