[xmca] 2nd Sociocultural Theory in Education Conference

From: Valerie Farnsworth <Valerie.Farnsworth who-is-at manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Wed Jul 11 2007 - 03:58:47 PDT

Generator Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium) Dear Colleague
We are emailing you to remind you that we are holding the 2nd Sociocultural Theory in Education Conference here at Manchester on 10th and 11th September. For details of the conference please see http://www.lta.education.manchester.ac.uk/sctig/

We are delighted with the international response we have had and are nearing our capacity with regards to participants. We have a considerable number of participants from the USA, Portugal, Norway, Greece, Singapore, Finland, The Netherlands, South Africa, Brazil, Spain, Italy, Canada, and Australia. The theme of the conference is how acting subjects learn their different identities within schools and other contexts and we now have accepted over 70 abstracts, many of which challenge theoretical positions and attempt to situate school or educational practice within wider macro-societal discourses, such as social class, gender or policy.

If you were planning on participating in the conference, please submit your registration soon! If you have questions, please contact Valerie.farnsworth@manchester.ac.uk.

Kind regards,
Valerie Farnsworth, Pauline Davis and
The Conference Committee