Re: [xmca] Toolsfor thought (corrigendum)

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jul 07 2007 - 11:19:27 PDT

Your summary certainly makes it appear that Luria is being
self-contradictory, David.
Bella's responses make it seem less so, but it seems worthwhile for us to
try to get
the original articles in common among us for discussion. The issues are
clearly
more complicated than my brief response of a few days ago assumed.

Your article was very interesting, Bella. There were so many papers given at
the Luria
memorial in Moscow in 2002 that I missed many and your among them so it is
great to see.

As coincidence would have it, I am working on a large, collective, review
article with Ardilla
and colleagues on literacy and the brain. I have sent separately a draft of
a review article
that has some of this material in it, but your article has references I have
never encountered.
Thanks for sending it.

The general area of reciprocal relations between cultural experience and
brain development are
a generally under-studied area of research in the CHAT tradition, and it is
great to see increasing
interest in it now.
mike