Re: [xmca] Concepts WITHOUT Internalization?

From: Andy Blunden (ablunden@mira.net)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 04:32:14 PST

David, isn't there a bit of a problem with your internal/external dichotomy
here. Ink and wood exists externally, concepts exist internally. If
concepts exist only inside the head, what is it that is internalised? I
mean the word is internal-ised, i.e., made internal. I don't think you mean
that ink and wood is internalised. What is it that is internalised when I
form a concept in my head? Isn't it a concept which exists in the world
outside my head?
Andy