[xmca] Fwd: Position Announcement: Child & Family Ecology

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2006 - 13:50:16 PST

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eliot-Pearson Dept. of Child Development <epcd@tufts.edu>
Date: Nov 6, 2006 10:28 AM
Subject: Position Announcement: Child & Family Ecology
To: epcd@tufts.edu

Dear Colleague:

The Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Development at Tufts University
seeks a tenure-track assistant professor in the area of child and
family ecology, as described in the job description, attached as well
as pasted below. Given your important and influential position in the
field, we are requesting that you call the position to the attention of
any highly qualified candidate who might be interested in joining our
interdisciplinary community of scholars. We'd be most grateful if you
would post and/or circulate the information in your professional
network at your earliest convenience. Posting this note on appropriate
list-serves would be very much appreciated. We are especially eager to
engage members of underrepresented groups, so they are strongly
encouraged to apply as we pursue our commitment to increasing the
diversity of our faculty.

Many thanks for your consideration and for your kind assistance in
helping us attract a superb scholar. Please do not hesitate to contact
me at donald.wertlieb@tufts.edu with any nominations, suggestions, or
concerns.

Sincerely,

Donald Wertlieb, Ph.D. Professor

Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Development

Assistant Professor in area of Child and Family Ecology
Tenure-track

The Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Development invites applications
for a tenure-track Assistant Professor appointment in the area of Child
and Family Ecology, beginning in September 2007. We seek an
exceptional scholar and teacher who focuses on the role of communities
and community-based institutions in the development and well-being of
children and families. We are interested in scholars who study the
character, organization, and/or effectiveness of these institutions
themselves, or their relationships to the communities they serve.

Candidates must possess a doctorate in child development or a related
field (e.g.,Ph.D., Ed.D, Psy.D., M.D., J.D., D.S.W.); these fields
include psychology, sociology, economics, pediatrics, education,
anthropology, public health, nutrition, applied developmental science,
social justice, urban planning, and public policy. Candidates must
also demonstrate commitment to interdisciplinary research and teaching
and the integration of theory, research and practice; a proven ability
to define and implement a relevant research agenda; and successful
university teaching. Direct experience with community organizations or
agencies is highly desirable.

The Department of Child Development is internationally renowned for its
undergraduate and graduate programs, including a vibrant Ph.D. program
in Applied Child Development. Eliot-Pearson has long prided itself for
its interdisciplinary composition and its determination to study
diverse children in their diverse ecologies, with special attention to
applied settings in which children, families, and professionals
interact. The Department both reflects, and has helped to create,
Tufts' university-wide commitment to active citizenship. A broad and
deep network of research and clinical affiliations link the Department
with colleagues and projects locally, nationally, and internationally.
See http://ase.tufts.edu/epcd for further information.

Interested persons should send a hard copy of a CV; statement of
research, teaching and leadership interests; 3-5 examples of
representative scholarly work; and three letters of reference to
Professor Donald Wertlieb, Search Committee Chair, Eliot-Pearson
Department of Child Development, 105 College Ave. Medford, MA 02155.

Evaluation of candidates will begin November 15, 2006, and continue
until the position is filled. Tufts is an Affirmative Action/ Equal
Opportunity employer. We are committed to increasing the diversity of
our faculty. Members of underrepresented groups are strongly
encouraged to apply.