Re: [xmca] Unbelievable - & Spanish

From: Wolff-Michael Roth (mroth@uvic.ca)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2006 - 07:03:55 PDT

There is no a priori hierarchy, just difference and heterogeneity
within and across individuals that constitute the collective. Why
should Luria's peasants be primitive, with respect to who or what?
Why should they be inferior, with respect to whom and what? There are
many aspects in which the psychologists who said these peasants were
inferior---e.g., on Piagetian tasks---do less well and even perish
had they been on their own out there. wmr