Re: [xmca] interweaving

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2006 - 22:01:21 PDT

Could the following be taken as a rough synonym for joint mediated
activity,. Bill?

"In the co-construction of a text, the smallest building block is the Move,
for example a "question"
or an "answer.'" However, it is the Exchange -in which such
reciprocally-related moves combine-that
constitutes the minimal unit of spoken discourse."

I am pushing toward the issue of meaning making in my own odd way.
mike