[xmca] Fwd: Spencer Foundation Dissertation Fellowships for Research Related to Education - 2007 Awards

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2006 - 18:10:01 PDT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Carrie McGill Simkins <cmcgillsimkins@spencer.org>
Date: Sep 25, 2006 2:45 PM
Subject: Spencer Foundation Dissertation Fellowships for Research Related to
Education - 2007 Awards
To: undisclosed-recipients

 Dear Colleague:

I write to send you material related to the Spencer Dissertation Fellowship
for Research Related to Education and to request your help in bringing it to
the attention of others. As you may know, approximately 30 Fellowships of
$25,000 are awarded each year by the Spencer Foundation to support doctoral
candidates in a variety of fields whose dissertations promise to contribute
fresh perspectives to the history, theory, or practice of education.

Please note that, although the dissertation topic must concern education,
graduate study may be in any academic discipline. In addition, although
applicants must be candidates for the doctoral degree at a graduate school
in the United States, they need not be citizens of the United Sates.

Past applicants tell us that they learned about this fellowship from people
like you. Thus, I would appreciate it if you would forward the attached
information to any qualified graduate student(s) you might know or to any
office which might publicize the fellowship to likely candidates. Please
visit www.spencer.org for more information. Applications must be submitted
electronically by *November 1, 2006*.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Carrie McGill Simkins

Spencer Foundation

Attached: A PDF copy of the Application Guidelines

carrie mcgill simkins *I* program administrator *I* spencer foundation

625 north michigan avenue suite #1600 *l* chicago illinois 60611

phone 312.274.6526* l* fax 312.337.0282* l* www.spencer.org