Re: [xmca] state of affairs?

From: ignacio dalton (iedalton@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 12:39:11 PDT

Let me say that things are not going well in the whole Latin America!
  Argentinian cartoonist " Joaquin Lavado a.k.a "Quino" , created in 1960 a character named Mafalda, a girl aged 6-8 years old who thinks about the world and current situations in Argentina, the Vietman War, presidents, bureaucracy, etc, etc.
  Yeap! she can teach us to think about the current situation in Latin America and around the globe!
David Preiss <davidpreiss@uc.cl> wrote:

Things aren't going well in Venezuela either, I guess.
I lived there for 10 years, and it is hard to see how fast the
democratic institutions disappeared because of the political parties'
corruption, large-scale social inequalities and lack of leadership.
Please, don't see in Chavez a decent leadership. The guy is a shame
for latin america as well.
Alas! It is not easy to find a decent leader in the whole assembly of
the UN either. There is a famous Argentinian cartoonist which created
a famous character Mafalda. I wish she were translated to english.
Most of her political irony, although made decades ago, applies
nicely to these days.