[xmca] Positions at University of Rochester

From: O'Connor, Kevin (kevin.oconnor@rochester.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2006 - 12:22:12 PDT

Fyi, several faculty positions are currently available in the Warner
Graduate School of Education and Human Development at the University of
Rochester. (Xmca folks would find many like-minded colleagues and students
here!) Listings are below.
Kevin

--
Kevin O'Connor
Assistant Professor, Human Development

585-273-3430 kevin.oconnor@rochester.edu

UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER MARGARET WARNER GRADUATE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT

The Warner School is a professional school of education within a Research I university. As such, it is committed to improving education through advancing scholarship and research, preparing high quality practitioners and researchers, and participating in education reform. The Warner School is further characterized by a commitment to social justice, collaboration across disciplines and constituencies, and integration of theory and practice. Its location in a mid-size city offers a variety of public and private school systems in urban, suburban, and rural settings for school-based research and consultation.

We invite applications for following faculty positions (expected start date July 1, 2007):

SOCIAL STUDIES EDUCATION (Assistant/Associate; tenure-track; full-time position) Contact person: Joanne Larson (jlarson@warner.rochester.edu)

EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP (Assistant; clinical; full-time position) Contact person: Brian Brent (bbrent@warner.rochester.edu)

EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION (Assistant; clinical; half-time position) Contact person: Joanne Larson (jlarson@warner.rochester.edu)

Check our Web site at http://www.rochester.edu/warner/facultysearches for more information about each position and the Warner School.

Send (1) a letter of application stating research and teaching interests, (2) current vita, (3) samples of publications or other writing, and (4) letters of reference to: Chris Ghinazzi, Faculty Searches Staff Support, Box 270425 Dewey Hall, Warner Graduate School of Education, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627. We will begin to review applications by September 26, 2006 for the clinical positions and by October 24, 2006 for the tenure-track position, while continuing to process later applications until the position is filled.

The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer, Women and minority-group members are encouraged to apply.