Re: [xmca] Kevin's paper for discussion: causality

From: Emily Duvall (duvalleg@adelphia.net)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2006 - 15:25:29 PDT

Hi Ana & Steve,
While I think dynamic systems theory addresses the complexity and
nonlinearity of of human development I have alot of difficulty with the
DST and mental representations... how do you understand representations
in terms of DST, Ana?
You suggest an important point - that when development is placed into
the context of cause-effect there are too many counter-factuals to
contend with... or ignore.
Steve, you ask how processes can be viewed in terms of the broader
picture of causality... that suggests, to me, that you view causality on
the macro level with processes on a micro level...??
Humean habits are hard to break.
~ Emily