[xmca] One year job

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2006 - 15:55:39 PDT

A sudden, last minute, change in the Communication faculty at UCSD has
opened up a one year temporary
position and it starts in late September. I assume that someone who is ABD
would be eligible if they have
the right background. A brief description of the teaching is as follows
("hip" refers to the part of the curriculum
concerned with "human information processing" which is the part I teach in):

fall
hip 134 (language and human communication)
hip 123 (children and media)

winter
hip 126 (toys and the material life of children)
media methods 115 (5th Dimension course focused on design of educational
enviroments afterschool)

spring
hip 143 (psychology of the filmic text)
media methods 115 (5th Dimension course focused on design of educational
enviroments afterschool)

The fall courses are already on the books and full so are relatively
inflexible. Some substitutions could be made
for winter and spring.

Anyone interested, please contact rhorwitz@ucsd.edu.

Please forward this message quickly and broadly. This defection happened
late enough to cause a good deal
of local discomfort!

If anyone has more questions to ask, please free to contact me or robert or
carol padden or olga vasquez, all of whom
are cc'ed on this message.

A great opportunity for the right person.