Re: [xmca] Luria's romantic psychology

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2006 - 06:55:01 PST

Interesting, Peter. It would help a lot if your class would read the last
chapter of Luria's autobiography where there
is a fuller discussion of how romantic is being used. Have they done that?
The answer takes us back to Goethe
and Faust and the idiographic-nomothetic division in the humane sciences,
the effor to over which, was one of Luria's life
long goals.

Happy to answer the best I can when I know a little more of the context, but
Geothe and the idea of German Romanticism is
certainly in the mix. The issue opens up into the entire logic of
groupsXtrials random assignment experiments as tools for
understanding human psychological processes.
mike