Re: [xmca] Fwd: from a valued colleague

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2006 - 09:16:41 PST

Kristen's point, I believe, is that within-family variations are not
explained by social class status of the
family.

Re Steve's invocation of prolepsis in this connection. I believe this is
another way of discussing the cultural
organization of social class variations, Steve. Not disconnected from the
idea of "culture of poverty" that
Oscar Lewis put forward 40+ years ago and that got thrashed by the left as a
form of blaming the victim. I
think the topic is worth re-visiting from our current historical
perspective.
mike