Re: [xmca] Visiting Faculty Position-UCLA

From: Kris Gutierrez (gutierrez@gseis.ucla.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 23:05:13 PST

hmmm. guess attachment didn't go through. I'm pasting it below.

               VISITING PROFESSOR--QUALITATIVE RESEARCH METHODS

             The Social Research Methodology Division at the Graduate
School of Education & Information Studies, University of California,
Los Angeles invites an experienced practitioner and teacher of
qualitative research methods as a visiting professor for the academic
year 2006-2007. GSE&IS is a vibrant intellectual community with an
emphasis on issues of urban education and equity in education. The
visiting professor will teach one course each term in a sequence of
qualitative research methods in education, a sequence in which
doctoral students are primarily enrolled. (Fall Quarter,
Introduction; Winter Quarter, Fieldwork Practicum; Spring Quarter,
Data Analysis and Reporting) and will also be available to students
for research mentoring. Applicants must hold a Ph.D. or Ed.D. in
education or in a social science discipline and must have research
methods teaching experience at the associate or full professor level
(or at an equivalent level in a research agency or firm, with
experience in teaching graduate students).

The candidate will be affiliated with the Division of Social Research
Methodology. The division honors a wide range of methodologies and
interests, and strives to incorporate multiple methodological
perspectives into research and teaching. The Division of Social
Research Methodology supports mixed methods and has a strong
commitment to qualitative work.

TO APPLY: Send an application letter describing your research and
teaching interests, along with a vitae, sample syllabi, and the names
of three references to the address below:

Sandra Graham, Chair

Department of Education

University of California, Los Angeles

Los Angeles, CA 90095-1521

SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.

STARTING DATE: September 2006

DEADLINE: Screening of applications will begin on March 16 and
continue until the position is filled.

  FOR MORE INFO: Contact Marilyn Salinger, staff assistant
(salinger@gseis.ucla.edu), Professor Frederick Erickson
(ferickson@ucla.edu) or Professor Kris Gutierrez
(gutierrez@gseis.ucla.edu). Please include "SRM Visiting Prof
Search" in the subject line.

UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer

Kris D. Gutierrez
Professor
Social Research Methodology
Graduate School of Education & Information Studies
Moore Hall 1026
UCLA
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1521
310-825-7467