[xmca] "yes, and"

From: Dot Robbins (drobbins72000@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 08:35:05 PST

Thank all of you for defusing things without censorship. Anna stated my concern perfectly: We have big issues out in the world to help solve, really big issues, and we are a small group. I used to attend the AAAA (American Assoc. of Applied Linguistics) conferences some years ago, and was always surprised when people inspired by Chomsky wanted to have real confrontational debates. I never once saw anyone within sociocultural theory get into those situations, and I never saw them "following the bait" to argue in confrontational tones. Although I was attracted to the theories of Vygotsky and his school, it was this type of personal behavior that really allowed me to accept Russian cultural-historical theory, or any other title we give it all. The idea of "yes, and" is great. Thanks, Lois. Thank all of you for your words and poems, etc.
Dot