[xmca] No large attachments

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 25 2005 - 14:49:44 PDT

Dear XMCA-ites--
 In the past couple of days, as a result of people sending round large
attachments, we have forced some people off xmca whose
account cannot take the load. There is an important lesson here. It was
wrong of me to try to hurry the process of getting Anna's
paper out and, whenever people have the idea that they have seen something
interesting they want to send around, but it is a
large attachment, they should send a note saying that they have the info and
will send to those who request. That requires more time
of course-- I know from the requests for the Chomsky-Pinker papers. But it
also keeps us from disrupting colleagues whose quota's
are limited, and there are many such.
 Lets all be more mindful.