[xmca] FW: Job vacancy

From: David Preiss (davidpreiss@puc.cl)
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 07:54:53 PDT

SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY

Limited-Term Lecturer Position

The unit for writing-intensive learning at Simon Fraser University invites
applications for a full-time limited term lecturer to participate in the
development and implementation of writing intensive courses across the
disciplines. Our unit has a mandate to assist all university departments
and faculty in developing strategies for the teaching of writing in the
disciplines, to consult on assignment planning and design, and to provide
strategies concerning the implementation of writing as a means of learning
within courses.

We are seeking an individual with a strong background in writing and
curriculum development. Experience in the sciences/applied sciences would
be an asset. PhD or ABD near completion are required. Expertise in the
implementation of writing across the disciplines and faculty in-service
development are essential, as the position primarily requires focused work
with faculty members and teaching assistants across the university
community. Demonstrated success with post-secondary teaching and with
consultative approaches towards pedagogy are critical; successful applicants
will possess excellent communication skills.

For more information about our work, please see our website at
www.sfu.ca/cwil.

Term: Until August 31, 2006 with the possibility of renewal.

Start date: ASAP

If interested, please send cover letter of application, a copy of your
curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching ability, and names and contact
information for 3 referees who have known you in a professional capacity
to:

Dr. Adrienne Burk, Acting Director

Writing-Intensive Learning AQ 6203

Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6

Email: alburk@sfu.ca

All applications received by October 1, 2005 will be reviewed; we will
continue to receive applications until a suitable candidate is found.

Simon Fraser University is committed to the principle of equity in
employment and offers equal employment opportunities to qualified
applicants. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however,
Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.

Disclaimer: http://www.ilo.uva.nl/disclaimer.htm

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the
addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, except for the
purpose of delivery to the addressee, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Kindly notify the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your
computer.