Re: [xmca] Practical question about Sevilla

From: Steve Gabosch (sgabosch@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 01:53:45 PDT

Seville, I have an imperfect suggestion: XMCA'ers should congregate
at a poster presentation some XMCA'ers are doing about the XMCA.

XMCA Poster Session
Day: Thursday Sep 22
Time: 10:15am - 13:15pm
Place: A8
at the 2005 ISCAR Conference in Seville, Spain

That's right, several XMCA'ers are presenting a poster at the ISCAR
conference under the title: XMCA: An International Internet
Discussion List for Cultural-Historical Activity Theorists and Students.

This poster is authored by Steve Gabosch, Antioch University Seattle,
Kristen R. Clark, University of California San Diego, Carol
Macdonald, WITS University, South Africa, and Natalia Gajdamaschko,
Simon Fraser University, Canada. Unfortunately, Natalia cannot be at
Seville - but Steve, Kristen and Carol will be.

Note that the poster session actually officially goes from 10:15am to
13:15pm. But Mike Cole, Yrjo Engestrom, David Bakhurst,
Wolff-Michael Roth (chair) and Riejo Miettinen, a wonderful all-star
cast of CHAT researchers, are going to be giving a session entitled
Cultural Historical Activity Theory: Current State of the Art,
Problems, and Future Developments from 11:45 to 13:15 that Thursday.

So I suggest we all meet at the XMCA poster session in the 10:15 -
11:30 hour, Thursday morning, before the 11:45am session.

~ Steve Gabosch

PS Unfortunately, this time period works very badly for Carol, who
is giving a paper in the 10:15 - 11:45 slot that morning. These are
frustrating conflicts, which I don't know how to fix!