RE: [xmca] Method/Methodology

From: Andy Blunden (ablunden@mira.net)
Date: Sun Aug 21 2005 - 17:37:16 PDT

   I'm not entirely convinced of your argument Sasha, but I do sympathise
   with your basic thesis. People like Tony Smith (The Logic of Marx's
   Capital, Replies to Hegelian Criticisms) who promote the search for a
   "method" in Marx repulse me. I have Bert Ollman's "Dance of the
   dialectic. Steps in Marx's Method" on my bookshelf, and haven't got to
   open it yet. Do you agree, Sasha, that a critical attitude towards
   claims of a "Marxist methodology" is also appropriate? Can critique be
   reduced to a "method"?
   comradely,
   Andy