Re: [xmca] Hiroshima memory

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 18:21:20 PDT

Thanks for reminding us of August 6th, David. There are war crimes and war
crimes. This one was a whopper. David Kennedy, former president
of Stanford, wrote recently about the way that the US and Britain began
targeting civilians to win a war in the 1940's-- the fire bombing of Dresden
commemorated by Vonnegut in *Slaughterhouse 5* was an example. As the
attached article indicates, 95% of the victims in Hiroshima were
noncombatants and the US justification is badly compromised.
 Violence begets violence. In phylogeny, cultural history, ontogeny and
microgenesis.
:-(
mike