Re: [xmca] Reading for Seville

From: Ana Marjanovic-Shane (ana@zmajcenter.org)
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 18:12:45 PDT

Another aspect of Spanish history, the one dealing with the Inquisition
and the Jewish experiences at the time can be found in *Incognito:
Journey of a Secret Jew* by Maria Espinosa. You can find more
information here:
http://www.wingspress.com/Titles/incognito.html

An interesting book dealing with the same period of history and "a
"crash course" in the nuances and details of the persecution, forced
conversion, clandestine worship, expulsion, flight and renewal that
marked the Sephardi passage. The period is often referred to as the
"Inquisition,..." is *The Last Kabbalist of Lisbon* by Richard Zimler.
More details at:
http://urj.org/Articles/index.cfm?id=1400&pge_prg_id=26440&pge_id=1148
<http://urj.org/Articles/index.cfm?id=1400&pge_prg_id=26440&pge_id=1148>

Ana