Re: Activity theory, ontology and critical realism(!?)

From: Michael JOHNSON (johnsonmr1@Cardiff.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 01:51:30 PDT

Thanks Tiina - very observant!
Sorry to Matt and any others who followed my typo blind alley. In case you hadnt found it and by way of a peace offering I found the entire text of Roy Bhaskar's book A Realist Theory of Science (1978) at http://www.raggedclaws.com/bhaskar/docs/rts/index.html (retails for £15 - £30 if you can get it).

Mike J

>>> tiina.kontinen@helsinki.fi 18/06/2005 13:21:38 >>>
Matt,
try to google Roy Bhaskar instead of Bhasker (spelling mistake) - he is
quite known at least in the philosophy of social sciences.
-Tiina

 For me, "Critical realism" refers to a school of American
> philosophy started by Roy Wood Sellars, and including George Santayana
> and Arthur Lovejoy, among others. Meanwhile, Roy Bhasker is an unknown
> to me, and I expect that's partially because he gets no play in
> contemporary anglophone philosophy.
> Best,
> Matt

Tiina Kontinen (MA)