Re: Talk of courses and discussions

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 07:23:19 PDT

Phil et al--

Please identify sxtarting texts and we will make them available in a set
under the "papers
for discussion" part of the xmca web page.

I believe there is a chapter from Ochs and Schiefflin that is quite relevant
here, but look to
others for suggestions. I believe a google search of xmca will turn up
Hasan, Halliday, Bernstein,
and other relevant figures. And relevant discussion.

I think it would help, phil, if you would pull together a "mini-curriculum"
for us to use as common
tool. The object is more widely share, methinks, than you estimate. But
finding volunteers to do some
mediating may be a more difficult task.
mike