Re: Gita's celebration

From: Phil Chappell (philchappell@mac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 05:51:03 PST

Dear Amando,

Please see Dot's original message below, which explains how to contact
Gita Vygotsky.

Phil

Dear Friends,

May 9th, 2005 in Russia will be a special day. It will be Victory Day
there, and it will be the 80th birthday of the daughter of L. S.
Vygotsky, Gita L'vovna Vygodskaya. There will not be any publications
or a Festschrift for Gita L'vovna inside or outside Russia, to my
knowledge. More important, I  truly believe she would be so very happy
to hear from you, your colleagues, students, teachers, anyone who feels
deeply about Vygotsky. I am hoping that people from around the world
will write birthday cards to Gita L'vovna. She speaks English
well. Thank you very much. I feel strongly that Gita L'vovna would
appreciate your words. You can use the following addresses, and please
add "To Gita."

Vygotsky Institute of Psychology 6

Russian State University for the Humanities

Building 7

Miusskaya Sq.

125257 Moscow

Russia

or

Dot Robbins

408 E. North St.

Warrensburg, MO. 64093

USA

I hope you will participate!!! We want this birthday to be outstanding
for her.

Thank you for your support and your efforts. It is appreciated more
than words could say.

With warm regards,

Dot Robbins