what collective ... theory?

From: Judy Diamondstone (diamonju@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 15:08:40 PDT

Paul has a point, that many on this list do not accept Marxism as LV knew it.

There is also a gap in scholarly familiarity with the Marxist tradition
among participants here, which I think Paul and perhaps others have found
frustrating, but which invokes the CH in CHAT -- viable communities of
practice honor the newcomers, etc.

There is also a significant difference in concerns with respect to the
development of object-oriented activities and the workings of discourse.
The distribution of these concerns is surely gendered and reflecting other
social divisions too

It seems to me (but what do I know) that there is a potentially regressive
outcome when the pendulum swings too far towards one end of the continuum
or the other (e.g., orthodoxy without reflexivity OR reflexivity without
productive theory)

There are also BIG contradictions within each one of us, as well as in the
CHAT "community" which we are respectively more or less aware of/ willing
to acknowledge/address.

impasse.