Re(2): Re(2): amnesia and sexuality

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 16:44:07 PDT

tatiana, bless you darling, writes:
> My own research is interdisciplinary which makes me
>really frustrated at times as if I am trying to seize and grasp something
>"unseizable" and "ungraspable".

may the heavens of intellectual goddesses shine their brightest lights and
graces upon you-
in this faux-interdisciplinary age of academia, it is a pleasure to meet
an interdisciplinarian
who knows enough to know how little can be known.
aaaaah. like a sea breeze through traffic congestion. aaaaaaah.
seizing and grasping are, of course, historically appropriate activities
for the projecting extension of Man's drives. seize and grasp, and the
Truth will Come. or Cum, as the queers say.
their is nothing, of course to seize or grasp, given how little we
understand about the smallest piece of this world's history - the history
of the human, that is, being a grain of sand in the sands of space -
that's why it's much easier to seize and grasp what's most obvious, of
course, it gives pleasure, immediately satisfies the drive, and voila.
something has been accomplished.

a feminist point of view, perhaps, or a queer perspective, prompts me to
speak so, and of course we all know that the Men of today are lovely, and
have nothing in common with the Men of the Traditions within which we are
so often shackled, so
no offense to the seizers and graspers here - i was speaking historically,
metaphorically, of course.

what are your scholarly interests Tatiana?
diane, prone to digression and dissension and dissonance, so 'scuse me
while i kiss the sky. :)

                                        :point where everything listens.
and i slow down, learning how to
enter - implicate and unspoken (still) heart-of-the-world.

(Daphne Marlatt, "Coming to you")

diane celia hodges

 university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
 university of colorado, denver, school of education

Diane_Hodges@ceo.cudenver.edu