reason was the subject?

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 17:42:21 PDT

Hi Paul-- Still dabbling.

1) If we are going to read Leontiev, lets be respectful to our Russian
colleagues. Lets read, at least Payne on Rubensthein. And if you can
lead us, lets read Rubenshtein. There are parts in the translation
journal.

After all, A.V. Brushlinsky, the head of the Institute of Psychology,
criticizes *Cultural Psychology* for not recognizing that Rubenshtein
was, i quote, the Einstein of activity theory. In his view, Leontive
had it all wrong.

2. The common point in our Steven's induced meditations: the motive
is imagined/over the horizon. This is the point of contact with Kant
that i saw.

mike