[Xmca-l] Re: poverty/class

greg.a.thompson@gmail.com greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 10:12:03 PDT 2014

Yes, a little fast and loose in writing. I read Hegel as a theorist of subjectivity that is born out of interactions with others mediated by thirdness (ie culture). "Consummation" is bakhtins term. So I was suggesting that these are similar.

I should add that this opposes a dominant reading of bakhtin's dialogism being opposed to hegels dialectic. But I have a hard time seeing how bakhtin's notion of consummation is anything other than a dialectic. But I'm willing to be convinced otherwise...
Haven't been able to look at the chapter in the book Martin sent (thanks Martin!).
Greg

Sent from my iPhone