These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.

These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [xmca] Dangers of restricting developmental theory to cognition and epistemology -narrowly conceived



Thanks for this link Larry, I now know its there. I am at  a point of
writing ( oriented to  intervention practice /formal teaching - now just
getting to introducing abstract/concrete concepts, and from there through
Davydov's development ,towards 'values' though through Vasilyuk's work.
Writing is much more difficult than I  envisage so I most likely will be
very slow.
Christine.

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Larry Purss <lpscholar2@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mike, Christine, Andy
>
> The discussions on *concepts* and the other thread with Joseph Glick have
> left me curious to learn more about the *Heinz Werner Institute*
> Joseph's article briefly introducing the biography of Heinz Werner and
> Mike's pointing us in that direction as maybe being *useful* left me
> wanting to know more.
> The trajectory of development may be more like a *capilliary* movement
>  flowing through culture overflowing fuzzy boundaries.
>
> I wanted to share a resource I located. I googled *Heinz Werner Institute*
> and *moral goods* and found a used book titled *Value Presuppositions In
> Theories of Human Development* edited by Leonard Cirillo and Seymour
> Wapner. Here is the link to google books.http://books.google.ca/books
>
> http://books.google.ca/books?id=VRou5p-TbegC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Cirillo+and+Wapner&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Z--sUN2hKIjTigKblIG4Bw&redir_esc=y
>
>
> This book derives from a conference in 1983 at Clark University sponsored
> by The Heinz Werner Institute.
> The format, where each author presents his or her perspective and then the
> other authors ask questions was excellent for exploring *social goods, as
> moral goods*.
>
> Thank you for this moment of serendipity.
>
> Larry
> I
> __________________________________________
> _____
> xmca mailing list
> xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
> http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca
>
__________________________________________
_____
xmca mailing list
xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca