Hello - I heard from a colleague on xmca that my message asking for people to fill out a survey had been posted, but I never saw it. I have also had problems in the past receiving and posting to xmca. Maybe it's something simple like that you have to put in your return email address as well as send the message to xmca@weber.ucsd.edu If that's the case, could someone please confirm it? This would clear up a problem of several years standing! Helena Worthen ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Helena Worthen <helenaworthen@gmail.com> Date: Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 12:32 AM Subject: [xmca] Survey of Working Conditions of Online Instructors To: "ablunden@mira.net" <ablunden@mira.net> Cc: xmca@weber.ucsd.edu Hello -- It wouldn't surprise me if there were a lot of people who are on XMCA who also teach on line. I am doing a survey of the working conditions of online instructors. If it's OK with people, I would like to attach the link to it here to see if we could get some responses from XMCA people. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/623HZC5 This link also works: <a href="https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/623HZC5">Click here to take survey</a> The goal of this survey (35 questions) is to explore the range of working conditions -- pay, hours of work, numbers of students, ownership of content, etc -- that is characteristic of this new way of delivering higher education. The motivation for the survey is that although there are many discussions of delivery systems and quality of learning on-line, there do not seem to be any studies of what working as an online instructor is like. Let me know if doing a survey like this on XMCA is a problem, or if you'd like to ask more questions. Helena Worthen University of Illinois, Prof of Labor and Employment Relations, Emeritus Hworthen@illinois.edu 510-828-2745 <tel:510-828-2745> __________________________________________ _____ xmca mailing list xmca@weber.ucsd.edu http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca -- Sincerely yours Bella Kotik-Friedgut __________________________________________ _____ xmca mailing list xmca@weber.ucsd.edu http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca