These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.

These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [xmca] ISCAR



Thank you , Martin ! But now I have the voice very clearly . A lady is speaking ! Of course , there are some pauses of voice . 
 
One thing I did , I installed television fanatic from google list typing web tv .

From: Martin Packer <packer@duq.edu>
To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2011 12:19 AM
Subject: Re: [xmca] ISCAR

Haydi,

As I understand it (and I am not at all involved in the organization of this) the video should display in a browser window. Using Safari I get the error I described in the previous message. Using Firebox I get the following message: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -19160.)."

Martin

On Sep 7, 2011, at 9:10 AM, Haydi Zulfei wrote:

> May you kindly say what software should we use ?
> 
> 
> ----- Forwarded Message -----
> From: Haydi
 Zulfei <haydizulfei@yahoo.com>
> To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
> Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2011 10:55 PM
> Subject: Re: [xmca] ISCAR
> 
> Dear all 
>  
>> From your messages , it's not clear if you have any picture yourselves .
>  
> The following is what I have at hand . Is this a matter of the speed of our internet or some other technical problem such as flaws in our whole communication systems . 
>  
> [[Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted.]]
>  
> Best 
>  
> Haydi
> 
>
 From: Helen Grimmett <helen.grimmett@monash.edu>
> To: ablunden@mira.net; "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
> Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2011 10:30 PM
> Subject: Re: [xmca] ISCAR
> 
> Hi Andy,
> 
> Greetings from Rome! 9-11am here is 5-7pm back home in Melbourne. The
> website is http://www.iscar2011.org/eng/info_iscar.php
> 
> It would be great if you can work out how to record them.
> 
> Ciao!
> Helen
> 
> On 7 September 2011 11:13, Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net> wrote:
> 
>> I can capture streamed video on my PC but I need to know when and where.
>> Any tips appreciated.
>> Andy
>> 
>> 
>> Martin Packer wrote:
>> 
>>> except it doesn't work on my Mac...   :(
>>> 
>>> On Sep 6, 2011, at 5:15 PM, Martin Packer wrote:
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>>> All is quiet on xmca, presumably because many of us are at the ISCAR
>>>> conference. There was an announcement today that the keynote presentations,
>>>> which are scheduled from around 9 - 11 am today through Sunday, will be
>>>> streamed live from the conference web site. Apparently they will not be
>>>> recorded for later broadcast (I have no idea why). Of course, a technically
>>>>
 savvy person might be able to record them as they are streamed; I wouldn't
>>>> know about that.
>>>> 
>>>> <http://www.iscar2011.org/eng/**info_iscar.php<http://www.iscar2011.org/eng/info_iscar.php>
>>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> Martin________________________**__________________
>>>> _____
>>>> xmca mailing list
>>>> xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
>>>> http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/**listinfo/xmca<http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>> 
>>> ______________________________**____________
>>> _____
>>> xmca mailing list
>>> xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
>>> http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/**listinfo/xmca<http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>> 
>> --
>> ------------------------------**------------------------------**
>> ------------
>> *Andy Blunden*
>> Joint Editor MCA: http://www.informaworld.com/**smpp/title~db=all~content=
>> **g932564744<http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title%7Edb=all%7Econtent=g932564744>
>> Home Page: http://home.mira.net/~andy/
>> Book: http://www.brill.nl/default.**aspx?partid=227&pid=34857<http://www.brill.nl/default.aspx?partid=227&pid=34857>
>> 
>> 
>> ______________________________**____________
>> _____
>> xmca mailing list
>> xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
>> http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/**listinfo/xmca<http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Helen Grimmett
> PhD Student, Teaching Associate
> Faculty of Education
> Monash University, Peninsula Campus
> __________________________________________
> _____
> xmca mailing list
> xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
> http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca
> __________________________________________
> _____
> xmca mailing list
> xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
> http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca
> __________________________________________
> _____
> xmca mailing list
> xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
> http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca

__________________________________________
_____
xmca mailing list
xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca
__________________________________________
_____
xmca mailing list
xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca